The cost of a funeral depends on the type of ceremony you wish to hold.
Pricing & estimates
We’ll take you through your options, and help you plan a funeral that fits your needs and budget. We specialise in getting the details right, so your final farewell reflects your loved one’s life and personality. Once we understand the sort of funeral you’d like, we can give you an indication of costs, followed by a detailed estimate.
Our personal guarantee to you is we’ll do everything to make sure your loved one’s funeral is right for you and look after your loved one with the utmost dignity and respect, as if they are our own.
Examples of funeral pricing
Our team are here to guide you through your options to remember and celebrate your loved one’s life.
For families who don’t wish to hold a funeral, or who may be planning a later memorial service with the chance to spend time with your loved one's body.
Private family farewell*
A private farewell with cremation. For families wanting a dignified funeral with a 'small family group'.
Personalised & bespoke*
From $8,569 + disbursements
A service at our Chapel on Cameron, followed by cremation. We can help you personalise the service, and all the details to tell their unique story, your way.
*NOTE: If you entrust your loved one to Elliotts we can promise you they will be treated with the utmost dignity and receive the highest possible level of care. We are members of FDANZ and proudly uphold their standards and values. We’d love to discuss the Elliotts difference with you before you make your final decision.
Professional services fee
All funeral estimates include a service fee, for our time and professional services. This includes making funeral arrangements, caring for your loved one, preparing necessary documents, funeral home facilities and services, advice and support at anytime day or night for the time your loved one is with us.
If you need financial support to pay funeral costs, please ask our team for advice, as we can refer you to agencies that may be able to help.
- WINZ funeral grants depend on your loved one’s assets.
- ACC may be able to help if your loved one’s death was caused by an accident.
- Veterans’ Affairs New Zealand may contribute to funeral costs if your loved one was a veteran qualifying for support.
- The New Zealand Defence Force offers benefits if your loved one died serving in the NZDF.
Your invoice will be dated the day of the funeral and posted approximately a week after the funeral. Please let us know if you would like a copy of the invoice sent to your solicitor.
- Admin fee: we charge an admin fee. If you pay within 21 days from your invoice date, this fee is deducted.
- Payment due: due date for full payment is 21 days from your invoice date.
- Payment methods: we accept payment by bank transfer, debit or credit card (credit card incurs a 2% surcharge).
- Late payment: if the invoice is paid later than 21 days we may charge late payment penalties.
Paying when your loved one’s estate is in probate
When death occurs, your loved one’s bank accounts will be frozen. In some cases, these cannot be accessed until after Probate is granted.
If settlement of an estate is delayed by lack of Probate, please pay your funeral account by the due date, and recover the funds from the estate when it is settled.
Request an estimate
We’ll take you through your options, help you plan a funeral right for your family and your loved one, and prepare a detailed estimate.